Do we really have to say anything else? The images really do speak for themselves. Sure, this might not be the best method of display for you but if you have the money and the wall space, it's something worth looking into. A total weight of 3KG brings you a complete visual setup so you're not only going to be able to play computer games but also watch TV, movies, surf the Internet and more.
Infocus has done an excellent job with this VGA based unit. The new X2 has been released with a DVI port. Since DLP is a digital technology and a normal DB15 port is only analogue it would make sense that the image would become even sharper then before. With digital there is more chance that you would get better use out of optimizations like Full Scene Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
You are limited to a maximum resolution of 1024 X 768 and this is going to be quite a big con for a lot of people. Luckily, Infocus do make projectors that output images as high as 1280 X 1024 but the price jump is quite hefty. We had no problems running at 1024 X 768 in general. One advantage is that if you're gaming with this unit you don't have to have a state of the art system because a lot of the older cards will run 1024 X 768 with some form of AA and AF without much of a performance hit.
That's gaming the way it's really meant to be played. Check back in the future as we intend to cover more on this topic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 2 [The Projector]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 3 [General Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 4 [NFS: Underground Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 5 [Battlefield Vietnam Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 6 [Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 7 [Not just games]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 8 [Advantages & Disadvantages]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM