High Quality AA and AF Testing
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Just like Metro Last Light with AA and AF off, you can see that the third GPU adds nothing to the mix with performance being almost identical with the R9 295X2 8GB by itself.
Just Cause 2 performance looks strong at both resolutions, and you can see excellent gains at the higher resolution with a massive 222 FPS average being seen.
Looking at Sleeping Dogs with AA and AF on, you can see some fantastic performance at 1920 x 1200. Unfortunately, like a couple of our other tests, when it came to benching at 2560 x 1600, we found the game would crash during a run, which was disappointing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 14 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.