Introduction of the AMD Radeon R9 295X2 8GB and R9 290X 4GB in CrossFireX
The other day, we got a chance to check out the brand new AMD Radeon R9 295X2 8GB, and found ourselves extremely impressed with what the company was offering us.
If you've got the money, want the power, and don't have an issue with dual-GPU setups, then the new R9 295X2 8GB is a video card that you're going to want. If the $1,500 setup wasn't enough for you, the $2,000 setup we've got on hand today might be just what you're after.
With our trusty AMD R9 295X2 8GB on hand, we've teamed it up with the much-loved HIS R9 290X 4GB to create a very mean and very expensive CrossFireX setup that should push out some serious performance. Due to the fact that we've already looked at both cards in a great amount of detail, we won't be covering the cards individually today.
Instead, we'll simply be moving on to our Test System Setup where we cover the cards in our graphs today alongside our test system equipment. More importantly, though, we'll also be taking a moment to look at GPU-Z to make sure everything is up and running as it should be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 14 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]