One of our immediate observations was the heavy emphasis on security. The doors have keypads, and there were secure areas we were not allowed into. DriveSavers takes security seriously, and rightly so. DriveSavers is certified to work on data recovery projects from the US government, and the high level of security is passed on to all of their customers. Employees undergo annual background inspections.
The areas we were allowed into had to be sanitized prior to our arrival. This entailed the removal of all customer data and any identifying labels and/or stickers. Forensic data recovery and eDiscovery sections were off-limits during the tour. These services are a thriving, and growing, area of DriveSavers. DriveSavers routinely has technicians testify in court as expert witnesses, and recovery of data for various law enforcement agencies is routine.
When the storage device makes its way into the DriveSavers laboratories, they begin by characterizing the nature of the failure, and then determine the steps to repair the device. Depending on the failure, the device could visit a series of clean rooms.
DriveSavers has several clean rooms for drive inspection and repair. Independent agencies certify the cleanrooms as ISO Class 5, 6, 7, and 8 compliant. The cleanrooms are cleaner than surgery suites at hospitals. Air is filtered and particles are removed to create an environment that allows drive to be opened, and repaired, without contamination.
The cleanroom above has numerous test stations available to handle an impressive number of simultaneous data recovery projects.
DriveSavers works in tandem with storage manufacturers to recover data. In many cases, companies that manufacture storage products will refer their customers to DriveSavers for data recovery. These cleanrooms are certified by an independent agency as meeting the necessary requirements, but DriveSavers also has to undergo periodic inspections from the drive manufacturers as well. These inspections ensure that DriveSavers follows data recovery best practices.
This oversight provides DriveSavers with another benefit for their customers. For most storage vendors, the repaired drives remain under warranty and are returnable for RMA after data recovery.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro: $12.41, Office 2016 Pro: $28.10
- Diablo III Switch coming this Fall, hits smooth 60FPS
- Halo Infinite is Halo 6, a direct sequel to Halo 5
- New Battlefield V gameplay shows destructive WW2 chaos
- PlayStation VR sales break 3 million
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada