Enabling the future starts with the first generation of ExpressFabric. This 1U top-of-rack switch holds a relatively simple design that houses three PLX PCIe switches under the black heat sinks. The networking card is located to the rear of the switch. This single card provides all Ethernet communication for the cluster.
Utilizing PCIe simplifies application integration. PCIe speeds the performance of existing protocols, and the software stack already understands existing Infiniband and Ethernet protocols.
QFSP+ connectors line the edge of the switch.
This is a working cluster of servers connected to the ExpressFabric switch. Copper and optical interconnects are used to demonstrate the flexibility of the existing interconnect technology. Copper can handle most close-quarters connections, and optical can stretch its legs up to 100 meters.
There are monitors and USB connections to each server in this mockup. In actual deployment, the eight cables in the middle would be gone, and the simple row of four cables on the right provide all communication between the servers. The switch provides plenty of interconnects to allow more servers, and multiple connections per server, if required.
The current implementation tops out at 20Gbits/sec, and we caught a picture of it running at 19.1Gbits/sec during the demo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon