Enabling the future starts with the first generation of ExpressFabric. This 1U top-of-rack switch holds a relatively simple design that houses three PLX PCIe switches under the black heat sinks. The networking card is located to the rear of the switch. This single card provides all Ethernet communication for the cluster.
Utilizing PCIe simplifies application integration. PCIe speeds the performance of existing protocols, and the software stack already understands existing Infiniband and Ethernet protocols.
QFSP+ connectors line the edge of the switch.
This is a working cluster of servers connected to the ExpressFabric switch. Copper and optical interconnects are used to demonstrate the flexibility of the existing interconnect technology. Copper can handle most close-quarters connections, and optical can stretch its legs up to 100 meters.
There are monitors and USB connections to each server in this mockup. In actual deployment, the eight cables in the middle would be gone, and the simple row of four cables on the right provide all communication between the servers. The switch provides plenty of interconnects to allow more servers, and multiple connections per server, if required.
The current implementation tops out at 20Gbits/sec, and we caught a picture of it running at 19.1Gbits/sec during the demo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM