Today when we look at the Intel Pentium 4 platform we can see that is has migrated its way into a success from its rather fumbled beginnings. Intel's release of the Pentium 4 CPU on the 423 pin socket and 850 RDRAM chipset really was not welcomed by the hardware community. High prices of the CPUs, the higher cost of the eight layer PCB motherboards and the extremely high cost and poor performance of the accompanying RDRAM modules was simply a horrific start for Intel.
Fast forward to today and we see there are thousands of motherboards available to us based on a variety of chipsets using DDR SDRAM memory, the most popular memory technology to hit the market. It was one Intel didn't want to make, now it endorses it and even pushes for new standards of DDR.
Intel's move to an 800MHz FSB has given a new incentive to push more out of the memory, and Dual Channel is the only option for a matched system. While Intel has its own Dual Channel DDR chipsets for its Pentium 4 range, its competitors have also put out a few solutions to compete with Intel's flagship chipsets.
Today we are going to put Intel's two Dual Channel miracles against the recent releases from VIA, SiS and ATI and with thanks to our friends from Gigabyte, we now have them all from one manufacturer to compare our results more evenly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 2 [Chipsets - Intel]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 3 [Chipsets - VIA]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 4 [Chipsets - SiS]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 5 [Chipsets - ATI]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 6 [Our Test Candidates]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004 Pro]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Halo PC Combat Evolved]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam