Today when we look at the Intel Pentium 4 platform we can see that is has migrated its way into a success from its rather fumbled beginnings. Intel's release of the Pentium 4 CPU on the 423 pin socket and 850 RDRAM chipset really was not welcomed by the hardware community. High prices of the CPUs, the higher cost of the eight layer PCB motherboards and the extremely high cost and poor performance of the accompanying RDRAM modules was simply a horrific start for Intel.
Fast forward to today and we see there are thousands of motherboards available to us based on a variety of chipsets using DDR SDRAM memory, the most popular memory technology to hit the market. It was one Intel didn't want to make, now it endorses it and even pushes for new standards of DDR.
Intel's move to an 800MHz FSB has given a new incentive to push more out of the memory, and Dual Channel is the only option for a matched system. While Intel has its own Dual Channel DDR chipsets for its Pentium 4 range, its competitors have also put out a few solutions to compete with Intel's flagship chipsets.
Today we are going to put Intel's two Dual Channel miracles against the recent releases from VIA, SiS and ATI and with thanks to our friends from Gigabyte, we now have them all from one manufacturer to compare our results more evenly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 2 [Chipsets - Intel]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 3 [Chipsets - VIA]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 4 [Chipsets - SiS]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 5 [Chipsets - ATI]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 6 [Our Test Candidates]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004 Pro]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Halo PC Combat Evolved]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Dual DDR P4 Chipsets - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit