Accessories and Software
Both cards include a much-appreciated accessory entitled the "Multi-video in & TV out adaptor" - and frankly, it does just that. The adaptor sports composite in, composite out, S-Video in and S-Video out and attaches to a proprietary adaptor available on both the V9980 Ultra and the 9800XT.
This adaptor replaces some of the advantages brought forth by ATi's All-In-Wonder line, and other third party multimedia cards. Logically, ASUS has included software to completely take advantage of their "Multi-video in & TV out" adaptor. Software such as Video Security II allows one to monitor ambient movement through the use of a video camera (connected to the card). This software is able to detect foreign movement through live video and act accordingly to previously defined user-programmed features; such as taking a live snapshot and emailing it to your address, automatic dialing to a user-defined phone number, or simply running executables on your desktop machine.
I had previously mentioned bundled program entitled "Game Face". What this software allows you to do is live stream webcam video from you to a recipient whilst online gaming or other screen-hogging activities. In addition to this, you could watch TV in the corner of your screen (with the aid of the included adaptor) while using your computer. Some expensive monitors already have this feature built-in (virtually PIP), but this software provides better overall control and flexibility of operation.
On the overclocking side of things, ASUS includes their own clock manipulation software, "ASUS Tweaker". Combining a sleek look and easy accessibility, ASUS Tweaker is a welcomed replacement to registry tweaks, third party overclocking software and BIOS editing.
Finally, to elaborate on an already brought up program - ASUS's Video Security allows one to monitor intruders in the surrounding area, and react programmatically upon intrusion detection. The software allows you to use either your web camera or DV cam as a stand-alone video camera capable of monitoring and detecting foreign movement when asked to. This software is particularly useful for someone who doesn't want anyone in their room, or anything, as although you can adjust the sensor detection, it's still quite sensitive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [The Bundles]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Accessories and Software]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Cooling and Design]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3 and Halo PC]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and High Detail AA / AF]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Valve almost made an amazing looking co-op fantasy game
- Intel Z370 will support future 8th Gen Cannon Lake CPUs
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM