Accessories and Software
Both cards include a much-appreciated accessory entitled the "Multi-video in & TV out adaptor" - and frankly, it does just that. The adaptor sports composite in, composite out, S-Video in and S-Video out and attaches to a proprietary adaptor available on both the V9980 Ultra and the 9800XT.
This adaptor replaces some of the advantages brought forth by ATi's All-In-Wonder line, and other third party multimedia cards. Logically, ASUS has included software to completely take advantage of their "Multi-video in & TV out" adaptor. Software such as Video Security II allows one to monitor ambient movement through the use of a video camera (connected to the card). This software is able to detect foreign movement through live video and act accordingly to previously defined user-programmed features; such as taking a live snapshot and emailing it to your address, automatic dialing to a user-defined phone number, or simply running executables on your desktop machine.
I had previously mentioned bundled program entitled "Game Face". What this software allows you to do is live stream webcam video from you to a recipient whilst online gaming or other screen-hogging activities. In addition to this, you could watch TV in the corner of your screen (with the aid of the included adaptor) while using your computer. Some expensive monitors already have this feature built-in (virtually PIP), but this software provides better overall control and flexibility of operation.
On the overclocking side of things, ASUS includes their own clock manipulation software, "ASUS Tweaker". Combining a sleek look and easy accessibility, ASUS Tweaker is a welcomed replacement to registry tweaks, third party overclocking software and BIOS editing.
Finally, to elaborate on an already brought up program - ASUS's Video Security allows one to monitor intruders in the surrounding area, and react programmatically upon intrusion detection. The software allows you to use either your web camera or DV cam as a stand-alone video camera capable of monitoring and detecting foreign movement when asked to. This software is particularly useful for someone who doesn't want anyone in their room, or anything, as although you can adjust the sensor detection, it's still quite sensitive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [The Bundles]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Accessories and Software]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Cooling and Design]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3 and Halo PC]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and High Detail AA / AF]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market