As previously mentioned, one must truly stand out in this market in order to prevail in their marketing campaigns. ASUS has correctly done this; offering external TIVO options and the largest range of included software and games I've ever had the pleasure of using, ASUS's overall packages truly fulfill any costly accessory necessities.
Included in ASUS's V9980 Ultra package are the following components: GeForce FX 5950U card, Multi-Video in/TV out adaptor, DVI-to-2nd VGA adaptor, Black Hawk Down, Battle Engine Aquila, Gun Metal, 6 in 1 Game Pack, Power Director Pro, ASUS DVD XP, Media Show and the ASUS Utilities & Driver CD.
Included in ASUS's Radeon 9800 XT package are the following components: the Radeon 9800 XT card, Multi-Video in/TV out adaptor, DVI-to-2nd VGA adaptor, Black Hawk Down, Battle Engine Aquila, Gun Metal, 6 in 1 Game Pack, Power Director Pro, ASUS DVD XP, Media Show, ULead Cool 3D/Photo Express and the ASUS Utilities & Driver CD.
Unfortunately, a problem that I've ran into quite a few times in the past reoccurs with the Radeon 9800XT: It comes encased in plastic outside of an anti-static foil bag. While the card cannot build up a charge due to its isolation from other parts in the packaging, it can however immediately be damaged upon opening due to no surrounding anti-static protection. The GeForce FX 5950, on the other hand, does come neatly packaged inside an anti-static foil bag.
ASUS has taken the liberty of providing the end-user with enough software to last his or her a lifetime. From the latest games, utilities, software and various applications, we feel rather well fed. Instead of just including the generic outdated game and PowerDVD, ASUS has included some truly interesting software. In their bundle are applications such as Game Face, which allows one to video conference whilst playing an online round of one of their favourite games. It does not stop there however; ASUS has additionally included various security applications operable with the card; such as Video Security II.
Contrary to the accessories found in the V9980 Ultra, ASUS's 9800XT takes a slightly different path of unique applications, and replaces a few with the addition of ULead Cool 3D and Photo Express.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [The Bundles]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Accessories and Software]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Cooling and Design]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3 and Halo PC]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and High Detail AA / AF]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit