The Power Supply - Results
Sandra is great for when it comes to measuring voltages of a power supply. Built under the Mainboard Information section we have all the information we need. To help stress the power supply out as much as possible we have used a total of 5 80mm fans, 2 Hard Drives, an Athlon 64 3200+ processor and an ATI Radeon 9600XT.
Below we have the results. Keep in mind that we give a power supply a leeway of 5% each way when it comes to rails. Any more then 5% off could begin to cause system stability issues.
First we have the 3.3V rail very close to that 5% leeway with a voltage reading of 3.39V. Moving to the 5V rail we see what it is very close to what it should be and this is excellent. Happy with the 5V rail we move to the 12V rail and you notice how low it is.
This rail is out of its 5% leeway which we thought would cause some instability problems. We continued to test the 12volt rail multiple times and the results were all in the same range. With the line being quite low, we started to loop 3DMark 2001 SE for an hour and the system was completely stable so we won't let the number should not be too much of a concern until you start overclocking your system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top