Desktop Test System
All of our testing will be done with our test drive/array as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing, to mimic a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We're using 64K stripes for all our arrays. Write caching is enabled.
Our testing includes charting the performance of a single drive, as well as a RAID 0 array of our test subject/s. We are utilizing Windows 8.1 64 Bit OS for all of our testing.
This report will focus mainly on drive scaling in RAID 0, and what a kind of storage performance you will get as you add drives to your Haswell based array. We won't be doing any secondary attached volume testing in this review because there is no way to be sure we could serve up data fast enough from our OS Volume to any array over three drives for our data transfer testing. We're going to post screen shots of our six drive array's performance, and chart a single drive, as well as two through six drive arrays.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Transfers are excellent, ramping up quickly, and staying strong throughout. Write transfers are full speed by 8k.
Three through six drive arrays all max out Haswell's PCH write bandwidth.
Our four drive array displays the best performance curve of all our arrays. Performance of our five and six drive arrays doesn't ramp up as quickly, but they finish slightly ahead by the end of the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 Series Pro 200GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit