Desktop Test System
All of our testing will be done with our test drive/array as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing, to mimic a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We're using 64K stripes for all our arrays. Write caching is enabled.
Our testing includes charting the performance of a single drive, as well as a RAID 0 array of our test subject/s. We are utilizing Windows 8.1 64 Bit OS for all of our testing.
This report will focus mainly on drive scaling in RAID 0, and what a kind of storage performance you will get as you add drives to your Haswell based array. We won't be doing any secondary attached volume testing in this review because there is no way to be sure we could serve up data fast enough from our OS Volume to any array over three drives for our data transfer testing. We're going to post screen shots of our six drive array's performance, and chart a single drive, as well as two through six drive arrays.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Transfers are excellent, ramping up quickly, and staying strong throughout. Write transfers are full speed by 8k.
Three through six drive arrays all max out Haswell's PCH write bandwidth.
Our four drive array displays the best performance curve of all our arrays. Performance of our five and six drive arrays doesn't ramp up as quickly, but they finish slightly ahead by the end of the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 Series Pro 200GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases