In a market dominated by sluggishly-evolving console systems, a select few has stopped and thought to themselves, "How can I improve my gaming experience, and how can I make it more unique and entertaining?" The answer is simply - Mod chips. That's right, those tiny circuit boards you commonly see on online gaming stores - it's that extra dark option you force to the back of your mind due to the immense confusion and mystery surrounding it.
In the excited hands of the TweakTown Canadian Labs today, is a brand-new Microsoft Xbox pre-modified with a top-of-the-line mod chip and a larger-capacity harddrive. In this article, we plan to demonstrate to our readers the benefits, downsides, precautions and necessities surrounding the installation of a mod chip and similar console modifications.
Kindly sampled from one of the professional pre-modified console store on the 'net, Xbox Mod Chips, our Lab's new Xbox has been put through the most rigorous testing and analyzing phase we have ever conducted. In the past few days, our excitement has continued as we replaced the Xbox's harddrive, installed dual BIOSes, two operating systems, then even FTP'd into the Xbox in order to transfer over our MP3's and music videos, before we installed the Xbox Media Player- WHAT?! Don't be overwhelmed, just yet, as we'll take a first-hand look at every single one of the points I have just mentioned.
For those of you interested in performing similar upgrades as demonstrated for this article, we have taken the opportunity to provide our readers with links and online resources throughout this writing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 2 [Modchip History]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 3 [How a Modchip Works]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 4 [Hardware Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 5 [BIOS & Operating System Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 6 [Screenshots - Dialup Warning!]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam