Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB
Toshiba's Q Series Pro comes packaged in an attractive box colored black, green, and white. There is a picture of the drive on the front of the box. The front of the box states the drive's capacity, its SATA III interface, and that the drive is a slim 7mm in thickness. Sequential read/write speed is listed as well.
The rear of the box lists some attributes of Solid State Drives.
The Q Series Pro ships with a warranty guide, a quick installation guide that tells you how to download the Included NTI Echo cloning software, and a plastic spacer that can be used to increase the drive's thickness, should you need to do so.
The top of the drive's enclosure is formed from a single piece of stamped aluminum, that's natural in color. There is a blue and white sticker centered on the front of the drive.
The bottom and sides of the enclosure are made from another piece of naturally colored, stamped aluminum. There is a sticker that lists the drive's part number, serial number, capacity, and shipping firmware revision.
Here's what Toshiba's Q Series Pro 256GB SSD looks like completely disassembled. The drive's controller and BGA NAND packages all have thick thermal pads stuck to them. These thermally conductive pads wick heat from the chips, and into the drive's aluminum enclosure. We removed a couple of the thermal pads to get a better look at the NAND packages, and the controller. There are eight Toshiba branded 32GB 19nm MLC Toggle Mode BGA NAND packages on this side of the PCB. The drive's controller is Toshiba branded, and there is no DRAM buffer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]