DiskBench - Directory Copy
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
Developer Homepage: Nodesoft
Product Homepage: DiskBench
We use DiskBench to time a 28.6GB block (9,882 files in 1,247 folders) of mostly incompressible random data, as it's transferred from our OS array, to our test drive/array. We then read from a 6GB zip file that's part of our 28.6GB data block, in order to determine the test drive/array's read transfer rate. The system is restarted prior to the read test to clear any cached data; insuring an accurate test result.
Write Transfer Rate
A 507 MB/s write transfer rate is the second best we've seen to date. Seagate's 600 series managed a 2MB/s faster transfer rate, but that array has twice the capacity of our Q Series Pro array, which does in fact give it a slight advantage over the Q Series Pro array. A similar capacity 600 series array churns out 493 MB/s in this test.
Read Transfer Rate
An 873 MB/s read transfer rate is again the second best we've seen to date. This time, our Chronos array manages to win by a mere 6MB/s.
Our data transfer test is definitely where the rubber meets the road. We're transferring a huge chunk of random incompressible data. This is where everything we've seen so far comes together with actual data. There is no way for a drive manufacturer to "optimize" for this test. This test is an absolute validator of our trace based testing. Our Q Series Pro array does have the best all-around performance transfer rates we've achieved to date, and takes the performance crown from our Samsung EVO array.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.