Specifications, Pricing and Availability
SuperSSpeed's S301 SATA III SSD is available in two capacity sizes: 64GB, and 128GB. Specifications list the 64GB S301 Series SSD as capable of 550MB/s (Max) sequential reads, and 520MB/s (Max) sequential writes. Random read/write speed is listed at up to 80,000/68,000 IOPS at 4K QD32. The S301 is available in a 2.5" x 9.3mm z-height form factor.
The 64GB S301 can be ordered directly from SuperSSpeed USA. The 64GB SuperSSpeed S301 we're looking at today retails for $150. This seems like a high price, but you get what you pay for in this case. SLC NAND has inherently superior performance, and vastly superior endurance to MLC NAND. Typically, SLC NAND is rated for 100,000 P/E (Program/Erase) cycles, and MLC NAND 3,000 P/E cycles. SuperSSpeed backs the S301 with an industry leading five-year warranty.
Since this is a RAID review, we are going to focus on performance rather than features. For a more in-depth look at the SuperSSpeed S301's feature set, I will refer you to Chris Ramseyer's extensive review of SuperSSpeed's S301 128GB SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SuperSSpeed S301 64GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]