Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
As we've already mentioned a few times, the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB TOXIC CrossFire setup is going to set you back around $480. This is of course no small amount of change, but when we compare it to the single GPU offerings that sit at this price level or higher, you can see some real value for this kind of setup.
As we mentioned earlier, a R9 290 4GB is going to set you back $20 - $40 more with the model starting at around the $500 mark, and many coming in closer to the $520 mark. Of course, moving above that to the more expensive R9 290X 4GB, you see a price difference of over $100. What we see for the most part, it seems like you'd almost be crazy to not go for a setup like the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB TOXIC CrossFire. The performance of it really is fantastic, and the price point is excellent.
Saying that though, it's obvious that CrossFire is hardly a perfect solution. F1 2012 clearly has issues. Nexuiz should also see greater gains then it does. PSO 2 numbers, while really strong, aren't where they could be. We also have the fact that some people just simply don't like dual GPU setups, and that's fair enough.
CrossFire and SLI though, these days, really do represent both great value, and great performance. The technology continues to not be perfect, and it probably never will be. It's very good, if not very, very good. But, perfect it is not. The draw backs these days are really quite limited though, and the technology is always fun to play with. At some point, everyone should go down the path of a dual video card setup.
Saying all that, if you're looking for a setup that comes in around the $500 mark, this is a really awesome one. The quality of the TOXIC cooler is fantastic. We saw it perform exceptionally well when we just had a single card in our system. Throwing the second one into the system impacts performance in the slightest way. When it comes to noise, the setup continues to be one of the quietest ones we've tested. If you're after a setup that brings with it some serious performance, without the cost of high noise levels, or a lot of heat: the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB TOXIC CrossFire could be the one for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz