Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The 5mm thick Seagate 600 series SATA III SSD is available in three capacity sizes: 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB. Specifications list the 480GB 600 Series SSD as capable of exceeding 500MB/s sequential reads, and exceeding 400MB/s sequential writes.
Random read/write speed is listed at up to 80,000/70,000 IOPS, at 4K QD32. A 5mm z-height allows for greater compatibility with newer laptops than any 2.5 inch form factor SATA based SSD upgrade to date.
Seagate backs their 600 series SSD's with an industry standard, three year limited warranty. The 480GB Seagate 600 is currently available from Amazon for $341 (71 cents per GB). Since this is a RAID review, we are going to focus on performance rather than features.
For a more in-depth look at the Seagate 600's feature set, I will refer you to Chris Ramseyer's extensive review of the Seagate 600 480GB SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 480GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.