Solid state storage is the most important performance component found in a modern system today. Without it, you do not even have a performance system.
It's hard to put into words just how elegant high capacity enthusiast solid state storage really is when it comes in a 2.5" 5mm, z-height form factor. I suppose if I had one word to describe the Seagate 600 series in 5mm z-height, it would be "sexy".
The only thing sexier is when you RAID 0 a pair of these works of art. Looks are great, but a piece of hardware must have performance to match, and Seagate's 600 series delivers there as well. The 600 series is what we consider "Enthusiast-Class" which is faster than "Mainstream-Class" and not quite as fast as "Hyper-Class".
The 600 series is "write-centric," and while it's a very capable performer when reading data, there are faster solutions. However, when it comes to writing large amounts of random data, a Seagate 600 series RAID 0 array is faster than any SATA based array we've come across to date. Unmatched consistency, and superior write performance, are the reasons the 600 series has been, and continues to be, a TweakTown favorite.
RAIDing two or more drives together provides you with storage that takes performance to the next level, and is something I recommend you try. Once you go RAID, there's no going back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 480GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.