Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it is a storage benchmark for SSD's and HDD's where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test, or just the read or the write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16.
The software is used several different ways and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
An Anvil score of 11,000 clearly shows why we consider the SanDisk Extreme II one of a handful of "Hyper-Class" SSD's.
0-Fill Compressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Mirroring our ATTO read results, we find the Extreme II outperforming the other arrays on our chart as commands stack up.
0-Fill Compressible Write IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Write caching enables our array to put out nearly three times the performance of a single drive at 4K QD1. SanDisk designed the Extreme II to provide superior write performance at low queue levels, peaking at 4K QD2 - 4K QD4. We like this approach because the vast majority of commands are executed in this range.
Compression 100% Incompressible Data
Overall, the Extreme II is slightly faster when digesting compressible data.
Incompressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Both our Extreme II arrays are faster than the other arrays on our chart when reading data, especially as commands stack up.
Incompressible Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Writing incompressible data does change the Extreme II's performance significantly in comparison to writing compressible data. If you want to split hairs, the Extreme II two drive array comes in just behind the EVO and 600 two drive arrays. As we would expect to see, our three drive array blows away the two drive arrays at QD2 - QD4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Extreme II 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.