Up until recently, DFI weren't all that popular within the motherboard scene, particularly when focusing on products for the enthusiast. A little over eight months ago they decided to go bolder, bigger, and better by introducing their new "LANPARTY" series of motherboards. This has certainly brought a lot of attention to DFI from enthusiasts alike all over the world. Unlike most other companies in the past, rather than make the slow transition from a no-frills, average line of products into something that stands out from the crowd, DFI have suddenly gone out on a limb and given us a line of products that is almost enough to make one's jaw drop.
Today we have rounded up two of the latest "LANPARTY" series of boards by DFI. They are both Intel Pentium 4 solutions, being the Canterwood 875P and Springdale 865PE. DFI have only continued to make a good thing better with the latest revision of their Pro 875B, as well as the much-welcomed 865PE we are also checking out today.
When Springdale based motherboards first hit the scene (primarily to provide a more cost effective solution for the mainstream sector of the market), it was common knowledge that the Canterwood chipset was the king of performance, and rightfully so due to the significantly larger price tag that came with it. However, Springdale based motherboards have become more and more refined as time has gone by, particularly over the past 6 months. Just HOW much faster are they though? In eliminating any manufacturing differences due to both boards coming straight from DFI, we're about to find out.
Let's hop to it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 2 [Specifications]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 3 [Features - Packaging & Contents]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 4 [Features - A look at the Motherboards]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 5 [Features - A look at the Motherboards (Cont.)]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 11 [Benchmarks - AquaMark3]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4, Jedi Knight II and UT2003]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DFI Canterwood and Springdale - Page 14 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best