Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Video card(s): GeCube Radeon 9800 XT 256MB (Supplied by Kingmax Australia)
Memory: 2 X Mushkin 256MB PC4000 (Supplied by Mushkin)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB 7,200 RPM Parallel ATA
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 3.9
The Mushkin RAM was set to SPD, AGP Aperture size was set to 256MB and voltages and memory speeds all were set exactly same for each chipset. We used the slower Parallel ATA hard disk drive over the faster Serial ATA drive since not all motherboards included SATA support.
We have moved up to the newer Catalyst 3.9 drivers from ATI and all the latest chipset drivers were used for all the motherboards as well as DirectX 9A.
Without further ado, let's get onto the part we are all most interested in - the benchmarks - 3, 2, 1...FIGHT!
SiSoft Sandra MAX3
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) MAX3 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
- Memory Bandwidth Buffered
As you would expect coming straight of the barracks the scores are very close. This is due to the memory controller being on the processor. We do see that the new ALI chipset does get a bit of a lead over the others though, by a slight margin.
- Memory Bandwidth Un - Buffered
SIS just pulls ahead in this test but as we just mentioned, the scores are very tight and this is due to the built-in memory controller on the processor.
- CPU Arithmetic
Here we see that the ALI chipset is a clear winner with the SIS trailing down the back. We will soon find out if this performance is seen when it comes to gaming as synthetic benchmarks don't mean a thing unless they can equate real world performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 1 [Introduction]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 2 [VIA K8T800 - Soltek SL-K8AV-R Specifications]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 3 [VIA K8T800 - Soltek SL-K8AV-R Quick Look]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 4 [SIS 755 - Reference Specifications]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 5 [SIS 755 - Reference Quick Look]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 6 [nVidia nForce 3 - Soltek SL-K8AN-RL Specifications]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 7 [nVidia nForce 3 - Soltek SL-K8AN-R Quick Look]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 8 [ALI M1687 - Soyo SY-K8USA Specifications]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 9 [ALI M1687 - Soyo SY-K8USA Quick Look]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 16 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- A64 Chipset Royal Rumble - Page 17 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit