RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write
Write performance takes a huge hit with the RAID 5 arrays, and while the Se experiences significant variability the array of Reds delivers a very tight performance profile. The Se clearly wins in this test with a much higher average of 582 IOPS compared to the 149 IOPS from the WD Reds.
The read performance is on par with the results obtained in RAID 0, with an average of 604 IOPS for the Se, and 543 IOPS at QD256 for the Red array.
Our write percentage testing illustrates the varying performance of each solution with mixed workloads. The 100% column to the right is a pure write workload of the 4K file size, and 0% represents a pure 4K read workload.
Both arrays experience a slope of degraded performance as we progress into heavier write workloads. This is an expected result of the RAID 5 write performance penalty.
The Se clearly has the upper hand in the latency scores for RAID 5 random writes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 3 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 4 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 Database/OLTP and Fileserver]
- Page 6 [RAID 0 Emailserver and Webserver]
- Page 7 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [RAID 5 Database/OLTP and Fileserver]
- Page 10 [RAID 5 Emailserver and Webserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit