Sequential Reads and Writes
In HD Tune Pro we found a solid 100MB/s of sequential read performance over the best 2.5" SATA SSDs in this test under the same conditions.
The same can be said with the sequential writes. The performance in a clean state is impressive, but it only gets better from here.
After a realistic amount of 4K writes, we ran HD Tach to see where the write performance fell into place. We saw a drop in write performance, but not as bad as we see with many of the newer SATA III products on the market with 20nm flash.
Moving down the list we were surprised to see the 4K reads under 40MB/s. Given the direct to CPU interface, we just expected a little more, but this isn't our first PCIe NGFF SSD to run this test.
At the 2013 Samsung Global SSD Summit the Samsung beta didn't surpass 40 MB/s in 4K reads in this same test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been WATERED DOWN on the PC
- Microsoft does NOT block keyboard/mouse support on Xbox One
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit