The Performance Benchmark also has its own page in the software. On this tab you can test other SSDs not manufactured by Samsung. This is an easy way to get a quick comparison of your installed storage products, even HDDs.
Samsung's Performance Optimization feature took around 10 minutes to finish on our empty 840 EVO 750GB drive.
The feature fills your Samsung SSD with large sequential temporary files and then deletes them. This starts a chain reaction with the operating system, TRIM kicks in and your spare area gets a nice cleaning. Your existing data is safe since the software only fills free space. This does mean you write a lot of data to the drive and thus you're wearing through the P/E cycles.
When the files delete, your original data remains, and so does the amount of space you had before starting the operation.
Easy Firmware Updates
The last tab in the Disk Management section of Magician 4.2 checks your current firmware against a database on Samsung's servers. If your firmware is out of date, you can update the firmware from within Magician with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit