- Overclocking the MSI 865PE Neo2
MSI's past boards have either been a hit or miss affair when it comes to overclocking options. This time it's more of a miss than a big hit. Under the Frequency/Voltage control menu you will find your overclocking options for the FSB, DRAM and AGP voltages as well as the DRAM ratio for 266/333/400Mhz operations.
You have FSB adjustments from 100MHz up to 300MHz in 1MHz increments. This allows you to get the most out of your CPU. Next you have your AGP/PCI divider control. Here you can set your AGP/PCI dividers to whatever speed you wish. Locking them to default speeds allows you to keep your PCI and AGP devices at stock speed while overclocking the memory and the CPU.
DRAM voltages can be altered from 2.5v up to 2.7v in 0.1v increments. AGP voltage can be set from 1.5v up to 1.7v in 0.1v increments.
- Overclocking the Chaintech 9PJL Apogee
Chaintech has been one of the up and comers with overclocking boards. Chaintech uses the Frequency/Voltage control menu for overclocking controls. Under this menu you find the FSB adjustments, DRAM and AGP voltage adjustments, chipset voltage adjustments and DRAM, AGP and PCI ratio controls.
First we look at the Front Side Bus or FSB. FSB adjustments can be set from 100MHz up to 350MHz (50MHz more than MSI). Like the Neo2, you can lock your AGP/PCI ratio to default speeds or set them between 66/33 up to 100/50 respectively, however, leaving them at 66/33 will give the best and stable overclock.
DRAM voltage can be adjusted from 2.5v up to 2.8v in 0.1v increments (0.1v higher than MSI). This seemingly small 0.1v increase can lead to higher RAM and FSB speeds as Dual Channel memory runs much more stable at 2.8v when overclocked.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 1 [Introduction]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 2 [Specifications]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 3 [Features - MSI 865PE Neo2]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 4 [Features - MSI 865PE Neo2 Continued]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 5 [Features - Chaintech 9PJL Apogee]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 16 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ last beta goes live January 23
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- صيانة يونيفرسال سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Univarsal
- صيانة الكتروستار سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Electrostar
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top