I'm sure many are heartbroken with the news, I'm one of them. That doesn't mean NGFF is a failure or will never live up to our expectations.
On the contrary, bringing DEVSLP to ultrabooks and notebooks is a big step in increasing battery life. New cache modules also reduce wear of mechanical hard drives. At the same time, this is a stepping-stone used to move storage in a new, exciting direction.
One step at a time, all the way to 1,800 MB/s and beyond. Following NGFF PCIe is another new technology called SATA Express. If I were to guess, SATA Express is the reason why NGFF will ramp up slowly. We all have x4 lane PCIe on our motherboards and we look at those slots and wonder how to populate them.
I don't think we will need to wait for 2014 to make use of the extra four lanes, but as of Computex 2013 we are not there yet. Flash Memory Summit 2013 should be exciting and by CES 2014 the next push will come getting us closer to where we all want to be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz