Marvell 88SS9187 Controller
This isn't the first time we've ran across the Marvell 88SS9187 controller. First introduced in the Plextor M5 Pro and later revised in the M5 Pro Xtreme with a firmware update, the 9187 when paired with 128GB of MLC NAND produces the highest performance results in that capacity size.
Just having the hardware isn't enough these days, Marvell hands over the hardware and a few guides, but in order to get real performance out of the 9187 controller, you have to write quality firmware. Instead of hiring LiteON or MemoRight, SanDisk tackled the task on their own and delivered one of the best initial firmware releases for Marvell hardware we're tested to date.
Using a Marvell controller also means backing the controller with DRAM to cache table data. Two of our capacity size Extreme II SSD's used Samsung DRAM and the other used Hynix DRAM. The DRAM capacity scales up to 4GB and all three spec sheets we found showed DDR3 with 1.5v requirements.
In the Features List above, we can see a set of standards the new Extreme II conforms to. Most of the Feature List is about the DRAM and flash, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit