- Kingmax TinyBGA PC3200
We were shocked to find that a module as old as the Kingmax TinyBGA PC3200 was able to overclock so high with the help of a little bit more voltage. The color chips look fantastic and the good news is that Kingmax have got DDR466 and DDR500 memory just around the corner which was seen in our Computex 2003 Coverage a couple weeks back.
The overall quality of the module is very high and this is seen at DDR400 when it is capable of holding ground with all of the more expensive modules. An overall overclock of 25% is fantastic and other people should be able to have the same luck as we had with the Kingmax Color TinyBGA.
While these modules weren't the fastest in the round up, as far as value for money goes - the memory is simply excellent. For this reason we are giving the Kingmax TinyBGA PC3200 a rating of 9 out of 10 and a very well deserved TweakTown Value Award.
- Geil PC3500
Geil has giving us mixed opinions in the past - we have received some fantastic modules from Geil that overclocked beautifully and we have also received modules that weren't capable of running even their advertised speed. Geil have definitely gone all out on the packaging and made a fantastic looking module.
When first getting the Geil modules you are amazed at how cool the packaging is from there you open them up and realize just how cool the actual models themselves are. When it came to benchmarking them we were severely disappointed with the results not only at their rated speeds, but that even when clocked at DDR400, they were still considerable slower in the majority of the tests when compared to the competition.
The modules did what they were supposed to and we can't call them a bad set of memory simply because they didn't overclock. Geil's Golden Dragon PC3500 memory scores a very low rating of 5 out of 10 because while they were able to run spec they did so miserably. Great looking modules but that seems to be all.
- Corsair PC3500
Corsair gave themselves a good name a few years back and has been able to run on that name for quite a while now. Unfortunately for them, more and more memory companies are coming into the enthusiast market and making more and more competition. This is of course a good thing for the consumer but not the best thing for the manufactures.
While we couldn't get the most out of the PC3500 modules, while at default they had absolutely no trouble walking over the competition and this can be seen throughout all the tests at 217MHz.
While we couldn't overclock these particular modules, they were still very good when running at DDR433 speeds. Corsair's PC3500 receives a rating of 6.5 out of 10. While they were good at their particular speeds, we would personally recommend spending the extra dollars and going to the PC3700 Corsair modules.
- Corsair PC3700
We had a bit more luck when it came to testing the PC3700 modules. Looking through the graphs you see that the jump from PC3500 to PC3700 isn't huge but Corsair's PC3700 modules really shined when it came to overclocking. With overclocking we were able to achieve a maximum overclock of 253MHz which brings it just past PC4000 speeds.
We were very impressed with the overall quality of these particular PC3700 modules and these may be a better option for people who want to achieve a 1:1 FSB at 250MHz on the Pentium 4. We can't tell you that all PC3700 modules are going to perform the same otherwise we would be worried that none of Corsair's PC3500 would overclock.
Overall we have an excellent module which gets a highly deserved rating of 8.5 out of 10 thanks to its excellent overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DCM2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DCM2 - Page 2 [Kingmax PC3200 TinyBGA revisited]
- DCM2 - Page 3 [Geil Golden Dragon PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 4 [Corsair PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 5 [Corsair PC3700]
- DCM2 - Page 6 [Corsair PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 7 [Crucial PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 8 [Transcend PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 9 [OCZ PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 10 [Test System Setup and Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un-Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DCM2 - Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- DCM2 - Page 15 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 17 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- DCM2 - Page 18 [Benchmarks - Commanche 4]
- DCM2 - Page 19 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- DCM2 - Page 20 [Overclocking Results]
- DCM2 - Page 21 [Overclocking Results Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 22 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 23 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 24 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 25 [3DMark 2001 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 26 [3DMark 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 27 [Unreal Tournament 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 28 [Jedi Knight 2 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 29 [Commanche 4 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 30 [Quake 3 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 31 [Final Memory Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 32 [Final Rundown Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 33 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IO Interactive opens Swedish studio to work on new franchise
- New Dragon Ball Z action RPG in development
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!