Overclocking Results Continued
- Corsair PC4000
Hitting speeds of 250MHz is already an accomplishment and a lot of people are going to be very happy with these speeds. Having a play around with the voltages we were able to achieve a max overclock of 258MHz overclock. The timings on the Corsair PC4000 are already quite relaxed so we didn't think there would be too much head room for the Corsair PC4000 to overclock.
Corsair didn't do too bad a job in the overclocking department it was just a bit disappointing that we were unable to get an overclock out of the PC3500 memory.
- Crucial PC3200
Crucial being made of higher quality chips like the Kingmax, we knew it would love the extra voltage.
Being able to achieve a maximum stable overclock 234MHz @ 3.2 Volt is excellent for memory that is only rated at PC3200 and CAS 3. While it is one of the lower overclocks out of all the memory, we will see if it can still keep up with the rest.
- Transcend PC3200
Thanks to the Samsung chips we were hoping to get a slightly better then average overclock and we were able to get all the way to 248MHz. While the memory is only 2MHz slower then the Kingmax and up to 12MHz with the fastest memory module, we will see how it goes when comparing to the others as the Transcend modules seemed to lag behind in all other tests when running at DDR400 speeds.
- OCZ PC4000
OCZ have come quite far in the past 12 months and there is no doubt in our mind that since the release of the Intel Canterwood and Springdale chipsets, OCZ has had a real chance to shine. Talking to OCZ they let us know that we should be right to hit up to 3.2V without causing any troubles. We don't recommend using this high on a 24/7 basis but if you're simply doing it for testing, make sure you have some extra cooling on the memory.
Moving up to 3.2V we were able to achieve a maximum overclock of 260MHz and we are pondering that the processor may be our limitation. We have all intentions of looking into these modules further when we have a processor capable of a FSB up to and over 280MHz. We are sure there is still a bit of headroom on the modules.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DCM2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DCM2 - Page 2 [Kingmax PC3200 TinyBGA revisited]
- DCM2 - Page 3 [Geil Golden Dragon PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 4 [Corsair PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 5 [Corsair PC3700]
- DCM2 - Page 6 [Corsair PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 7 [Crucial PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 8 [Transcend PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 9 [OCZ PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 10 [Test System Setup and Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un-Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DCM2 - Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- DCM2 - Page 15 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 17 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- DCM2 - Page 18 [Benchmarks - Commanche 4]
- DCM2 - Page 19 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- DCM2 - Page 20 [Overclocking Results]
- DCM2 - Page 21 [Overclocking Results Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 22 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 23 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 24 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 25 [3DMark 2001 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 26 [3DMark 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 27 [Unreal Tournament 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 28 [Jedi Knight 2 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 29 [Commanche 4 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 30 [Quake 3 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 31 [Final Memory Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 32 [Final Rundown Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 33 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms