Seagate's entry to the consumer, entry-level enterprise, enterprise and PCIe enterprise markets isn't surprising, even when reflecting on Seagate's executive statements.
Back in 2008, when the statements first started, Seagate wasn't looking far enough ahead to see less than $1 per GB flash products. By 2011, the company was scared after losing desktop/notebook market share. At this point, either you're in flash at the consumer level or you don't have a future in the consumer market.
Intel's new ultrabook specs for products we'll see at Computex mandate at least 85MB/s minimum performance in a 7mm z-height. At 7mm there simply isn't enough room for a dual platter product and getting 85MB/s at the low-end of a single platter spinner isn't going to happen anytime soon. Flash isn't just the future - flash is right now.
With a number of new flash products, hybrid products and the largest selection of mechanical drives, Seagate is in a good position going forward.
Stay tuned for the largest SSD launch day in TweakTown history with reviews of the new 600 SSD consumer model in both 240GB and 480GB. A 600 Pro in enterprise and consumer tests and a 600 SSD RAID Report with two 240GB drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Consumer, Enterprise and Big Time Datacenter]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD - The New Consumer SSD]
- Page 4 [Seagate 600 Pro SSD - Entry Level Enterprise and Enthusiast]
- Page 5 [Seagate 1200 SSD - 12Gb/s for Enterprise]
- Page 6 [Seagate X8 Accelerator - Cache and Database]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Strike revenue hits $7.2 billion, largest app ever
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 shown to Blizzard employees
- Super Mario battle royale brings chicken dinners to browser
- SEGA is excited to widen their audience with cloud streaming
- Luigi's Mansion 3 under careful development, 2019 release
- Silicon Power Bolt B75 Pro Portable SSD Review
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable 4TB Review
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Kensington SD2000p Nano USB-C Dock Review
- Pop'n'splat - An Arcade Bubble Shooter Launches on Microsoft Store
- 'Ludopolis' Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- Dungeon Action-RPG 'Underworld Ascendant' Available Now For PlayStation 4, Coming Soon To Xbox One
- Captain Cat - Out Now on Nintendo Switch
- Entropia Universe Rings In Summer Solstice With Summer Mayhem 2019