IT companies take over Taipei
Fast forward many hours and we have arrived in SARS-free Taiwan mid afternoon from our connecting flight from Singapore in rain. After getting settled in at the hotel we couldn't wait to take a five minute walk down to the Computex halls area and have a quick peak at what was happening and what the usually exciting Taipei sky line had to offer this year.
Our Southern hemisphere bodies struggled for the first little while in the high humidity, but we battled on with the rain holding off just enough for us to deliver you the following shots.
As we were walking around close to the action, we were quite surprised to see that even at 5pm, lots of people were still running around frantically trying to finish all their work for the show as quickly as possible, less than 17 hours before the show kicks off 9am tomorrow morning local time. As we walked past one gentleman, he shouted out something to one of his co-workers in Chinese which we can only presume wasn't "G" rated by his body language.
However, we can confirm that the brand new Hall 3 which we were told was built specifically for Computex is complete and ready to roll. The building, while relatively small in comparison to Hall 1 and 2, from the outside looks quite nice and should hopefully help ease crowd masses in the halls. We couldn't get inside to take a closer look.
We walk a little further down the track and around the corner past Hall 3 and noticed a bunch of Intel and AMD advertising is close vicinity. Normally we are used to seeing certain buildings or areas being "owned" with advertising from certain companies each year at Computex most likely accompanied with very lucrative agreements. It was a surprise to see Intel and AMD advertising so close together - suffice to say, this is probably the closest either company will get to each other ever again.
Large Taiwanese motherboard companies, Gigabyte and MSI, also make a large showing in the Taipei sky line with large building ads opposite the front of the Taiwan World Trade Center.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Dragon Ball Z action RPG in development
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!