If you thought this piece had no point, it does - because I'm going to begin working on a bunch of super high-res, super high frame rate benchmarking in the coming weeks and months. I'm going to acquire two more Samsung DisplayPort-capable, 120Hz monitors. I will have two setups: 3 x Alienware AW2310 23-inch 120Hz monitors and 3 x Samsung S27A950D 27-inch 120Hz monitors.
I'm going to also in the coming months purchase 3 x 30-inch monitors and then we'll be able to offer some truly exclusive multi-monitor content for you.
I hope to be able to test a bunch of GPUs from low, to mid right up to the best of the best from both NVIDIA and AMD, and test outside of our usual benchmarks with some real-world tests, like Battlefield 3. These tests won't be repeatable, and will be FRAPS captured from real-world multi-player gaming. It'll be a very 'this is an average' of what to expect, and from preliminary results - it's only around 10% either way in terms of repeatable average frame rates.
From there, I hope to have enough eyes on the content to try and grab myself a 4K-capable monitor, and then the fun will really begin. I wonder what kind of GPU power you'd need drive triple 4K monitors - it has me salivating at the mere thought of it, what about you?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Discovering 120Hz-capable LCDs]
- Page 3 [EyeFinity and 120Hz - it just doesn't work]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz