Usage of the Software
TRIM Check has no GUI, it runs in a command prompt window. The program is very simple and easy to use. You just copy it on the SSD and run it twice, waiting for at least 30 seconds to a minute between runs in order to ensure accurate results. With most SSDs where TRIM is functional, one minute between runs should suffice.
When executed for the first time, the program will write on specific locations on the SSD. It will then delete the written data and exit.
When you run it for the second time a minute later, it will try to read the exact same locations. If TRIM works you should get zeroes, plus a notification informing you that TRIM is functional.
If the data hasn't been zeroed-out you'll be notified that TRIM is not working or that it hasn't kicked-in yet. In this case I would recommend to wait for at least 10 minutes before running the program for a third time for definite results.
Also note that with some SSDs you may get FF instead of zeroes; this also means that TRIM is alive and doing its job. On the following screenshot I got non-working TRIM. This is an accurate result for my testbed because I also use a certain program that disables TRIM in order to ensure its SSD compatibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The PC game store wars begin
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender