I don't think that the Surface Pro will overtake the iPad overnight, but it should have Apple worried. Not worried about sales numbers or consumers changing their spending habits and buying something with a Windows logo on the back instead of an Apple, but in the long-term it's going to have repercussions for the Cupertino-based electronics giant.
Until now, Apple has not had a true competitor in the tablet game - sure, we have Samsung and Google, ASUS and Acer, and many others - but no one has even come close to competing on the scale that Apple plays on.
Microsoft won't win with the Surface Pro, but give it a generation or two of the Surface line of devices - the introduction of the next-gen Xbox, and a cleanup of Microsoft's services as a whole, and I can see Microsoft getting right back into the game.
The only other problem Microsoft has is Google. Google's tablets are getting very, very good, and their Project X labs is designing some great things. We're seeing the fruits of their labor with Project Glass and X Phone, so 2013 should be a stellar year to be a tech junkie.
The kicker to the Surface Pro is that it'll set you back around $1000 for the 128GB version. It's about $100 cheaper for the 64GB-based Surface Pro, which isn't too bad. This is much more than the iPad, but a 64GB iPad is getting up there and close to that price anyway, and it's just a tablet.
The Surface Pro is much, much more than that - and I think people will be singing a new tune not only about Windows 8 when the Surface Pro lands, but Microsoft as a company, too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and What we should expect from the Surface Pro?]
- Page 2 [What I will be doing with my Surface Pro]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions