Test System Setup
Processor(s): 2 X AMD Opteron 242 (1.6 GHz) and 2 X AMD Opteron 244 (1.8 GHz)
Motherboard: MSI K8T Master2-FAR
Memory: Infineon 4 X 512MB DDR-333 CAS2.5 ECC Registered
Video card(s): ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Hard Disk(s): Maxtor 80GB Serial ATA
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: VIA Hyperion 4.49 and ATI Catalyst 3.6
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra MAX 3, 3DMark 2001, Unreal Tournament 2003, Quake 3, PCMark 2002 and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
We have gone for benchmarking the processor with the above programs. While we would have liked to test the SMP support further, due to software limitations we were unable to, we will explain it further after the benchmarking.
Due to not having anything to compare the chipset against, we choose to run both the Opteron 242 and Opteron 244 in Single Processor mode and Dual Processor mode to give users a better understanding how it would affect the programs we tested.
Within CPU-Z you get the chance to have a better look at the specifications of the system.
Here we see a screenshot of CPU-Z giving us all the information we need to know about the processors. You can see the list of instructions it supports including 3DNow! and SSE2. We also get the chance to see that it has 1024 Kbytes of L2 cache, a FSB of 200.5MHz and its core speed and multiplier. You also get to see the name of the processor, in this case the Opteron 242 and Opteron 244.
All the information about the motherboard is shown including manufacturer, model, chipset, BIOS, etc. People paying slightly more attention will notice that the chipset is shown as a K8T400 instead of a K8T800. VIA let us know that this is because the BIOS simply has the wrong name in it. We are sure that the name will be changed with the next BIOS release - no biggie.
We see some more in-depth information on the cache, nothing we didn't really see in the first screen shot. The memory was running at CAS 2.5 with quite relaxed timings with a speed of 166MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 2 [AMD's Latest Processors]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 3 [K8T800 and VT8237 taking charge]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 4 [Photos]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 5 [A quick glance at overclocking]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sandra]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetics]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Gaming]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dual Processors Slower?]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Fortnite update intros 'Food Fight' Limited Time Mode, more
- MSI debuts GeForce RTX 2070 AERO ITX, the first small Turing
- AMD EPYC Milan CPU: Zen 3 on newer 7nm+ node teased
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update out, includes Nuketown map
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms