- K8T800 Northridge
The K8T800 carries everything you need to not only create a beastie server or graphics workstation but also everything the most hardcore of gamer could ever ask for out of a system.
We see everything that we would need to build the latest high-powered server or gaming rig. One problem that a lot of server oriented motherboards have is that they do not come with an AGP slot, the K8T800 supports AGP 8X which gives people the ability to run the latest GeForce FX 5900 Ultra or Radeon 9800 Pro without any issues, just like we saw when testing.
Since the memory controller is built into the processor, there isn't a whole lot to write about the Northbridge. By the sounds of it, companies are looking at creating Hyper Transport buses which could potentially communicate directly with each part of the system and from there the use of a Northbridge could become redundant. This is all speculation at the moment and we are not saying that the Northbridge is just going to stop existing - it's probably far from it!
- VT8237 Southbridge
As we mentioned previously, the K8T800 is powered by VIA's latest Southbridge, the VT8237, which was also seen in the PT800 which we looked at last month. The latest Southbridge carries a host of features. Since we covered the Southbridge quite heavily in our PT800 review, we won't go into too much detail here.
We see all of VIA's latest technologies on the motherboard thanks to the VT8237 Southbridge, including "Vinyl Audio" which carries support for 6 channel and 8 channel audio otherwise known respectively as 5.1 and 7.1 surround.
Also included is support for VIA's "DriveStation" which helps make Serial ATA RAID a lot easier for people thanks to the inclusion of the V-RAID tool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 2 [AMD's Latest Processors]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 3 [K8T800 and VT8237 taking charge]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 4 [Photos]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 5 [A quick glance at overclocking]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sandra]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetics]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Gaming]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dual Processors Slower?]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit