- K8T800 Northridge
The K8T800 carries everything you need to not only create a beastie server or graphics workstation but also everything the most hardcore of gamer could ever ask for out of a system.
We see everything that we would need to build the latest high-powered server or gaming rig. One problem that a lot of server oriented motherboards have is that they do not come with an AGP slot, the K8T800 supports AGP 8X which gives people the ability to run the latest GeForce FX 5900 Ultra or Radeon 9800 Pro without any issues, just like we saw when testing.
Since the memory controller is built into the processor, there isn't a whole lot to write about the Northbridge. By the sounds of it, companies are looking at creating Hyper Transport buses which could potentially communicate directly with each part of the system and from there the use of a Northbridge could become redundant. This is all speculation at the moment and we are not saying that the Northbridge is just going to stop existing - it's probably far from it!
- VT8237 Southbridge
As we mentioned previously, the K8T800 is powered by VIA's latest Southbridge, the VT8237, which was also seen in the PT800 which we looked at last month. The latest Southbridge carries a host of features. Since we covered the Southbridge quite heavily in our PT800 review, we won't go into too much detail here.
We see all of VIA's latest technologies on the motherboard thanks to the VT8237 Southbridge, including "Vinyl Audio" which carries support for 6 channel and 8 channel audio otherwise known respectively as 5.1 and 7.1 surround.
Also included is support for VIA's "DriveStation" which helps make Serial ATA RAID a lot easier for people thanks to the inclusion of the V-RAID tool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 2 [AMD's Latest Processors]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 3 [K8T800 and VT8237 taking charge]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 4 [Photos]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 5 [A quick glance at overclocking]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sandra]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetics]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Gaming]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dual Processors Slower?]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower