We saw the release of the Opteron processor earlier this year which was powered by AMD's own 8131 Northbridge. With many months passed since and a lot of R&D invested, it was time to see what VIA were capable of when given the latest 64-bit processor to play with from AMD. The latest chipset to hit the market from the Taiwanese chipset manufacturer comes in the shape of the K8T800 and carries over everything you need when it comes to inserting those brand new processors into VIA-powered motherboards.
The K8T800 chipset carries over with it the latest Southbridge from VIA, the VT8237, which we were very impressed with when reviewing the PT800 only last month. It carries over the same features which we will look more into later on.
Due to the limitation in server hardware and server benchmarking software, we have chosen to write a preview on the chipset with a lot of benchmarks with different processor environments. We will help give people an understanding of the technology and the future it has.
Without dragging on anymore, let's see what VIA's K8T800 chipset is capable of when powered with some of the newest and most powerful processors to hit the market from Advanced Micro Devices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 2 [AMD's Latest Processors]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 3 [K8T800 and VT8237 taking charge]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 4 [Photos]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 5 [A quick glance at overclocking]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sandra]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetics]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Gaming]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dual Processors Slower?]
- VIA K8T800 Preview - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti AMP! smile for photos
- EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra unveiled
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- Z68 Fatal1ty with Mushkin 2133 RAM errors
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada