Features of the Gigabyte 8PENXP
Package and Layout
Gigabyte's latest motherboards to come for the Taiwan giant have been very colorful masterpieces. The 8PENXP is packed in a similar front lift up package to the 8KNXP that gives you all the information on the motherboard you are purchasing. Inside, Gigabyte gives a plethora of goodies including the motherboard, three user manuals (1 for the board, 1 for the Serial ATA Controller and 1 for the Parallel ATA controller), one 4-port USB bracket, one audio bracket for 5-speaker operations, one Firewire bracket, one Serial ATA to External expansion card, DPRS 2 module.
Board Layout and Gripes
Gigabyte has, for the past four motherboards, used a 1 AGP slot and 5 PCI configuration. This has proven to be a winning combination and has been used on the 8PENXP, which is identical in Layout to the 8KNXP. The AGP slot supports both 4x and 8x protocols and is not backwards compatible with older 2x cards. Gigabyte has put a great deal of onboard peripherals on the 8KNXP so 5 PCI slots are all that should be needed for now and the future.
One of the biggest notations of this board is the memory slots. i865 chipsets have support for only four double sided DIMM modules. This limits most boards to 4 slots, two for channel A and two for Channel B. Gigabyte has changed this, similar to how 3 DIMMs were added to i845 boards. Gigabyte manages 6 DIMMS like this; Port 0 has a single DIMM connector on it where port 1 has 2. This means that if you install a double sided DIMM into DIMM 2, DIMM 3 cannot have any memory modules inserted. The same theory exists with DIMM 5 and 6; if a double sided DIMM is in 5, 6 cannot be occupied.
Power connectors and expansion sockets are located as per normal for a Gigabyte board. The 20-pin power connector is placed behind the DIMM sockets along with the FDD and HDD connectors. The 4-pin connector is between the Northbridge and the I/O panel making the 4-pin cable drape across the heatsink and fan.
Another feature is the DPRS2 system. DPRS2 stands for Dual Power Retention System. Most motherboards have either a 3-phase or some now with 4-phases to power the CPU voltage regulator. DPRS2 adds an extra 3-phases to the already 3 onboard, giving a total of 6 phases. This means there is no limit to the amount of power the Gigabyte 8PENXP can deliver stably to the CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 3 [Features - Gigabyte 8PENXP]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 4 [Features Continued - Gigabyte 8PENXP]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 5 [Features - ABIT IS7-G]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 15 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ethereum dips to just $455, after highs of $1360 in January
- Twitter could also ruin cryptocurrency ad party with bans
- Half-Life 2 teased in Unreal Engine 4, looks INCREDIBLE
- ASUS ROG X470 Crosshair Hero VII smiles for the camera
- World War Z game will feature 1000+ zombie hordes
- 30 Pieces Galaxy S9+ 256GB Site www . BizFests . com $14,610
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit