OCZ Ultra II
OCZ is a relative newcomer in the ranks of the thermal compound market. While they have been making peripherals and components aimed at the enthusiast crowd for some time, they have only recently delved into the making of goop.
Like the Arctic Silver III, OCZ Ultra II consists of a non-silicone blend of polysynthetic oils with a blend of micronized silver. The benefits will be the same as the aforementioned AS3. And while OCZ states that their compound is also not electrically conductive, I would still recommend the same precautions regarding this compound coming into contact with your processor bridges.
Applying the OCZ Ultra II is a simple matter, but the thicker consistency makes it harder to get a smooth coating. Just make sure that you have a thin covering of TIM and you'll be fine. The texture of the compound will allow it to easily fill in any small gaps between the processor core and the heatsink. I found this to be exceptionally good when working with video boards, which tend to have a much larger gap between the GPU/VPU and the heatsink.
OCZ Ultra II comes in 3 gram syringes and should easily cover 25 or more AMD sized processor cores. The added thickness will keep you from getting quite as many applications as other compounds, but there is certainly enough for a large number of jobs. Cost for this TIM is US$5.99 or roughly $2.00/gram.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!