OCZ Ultra II
OCZ is a relative newcomer in the ranks of the thermal compound market. While they have been making peripherals and components aimed at the enthusiast crowd for some time, they have only recently delved into the making of goop.
Like the Arctic Silver III, OCZ Ultra II consists of a non-silicone blend of polysynthetic oils with a blend of micronized silver. The benefits will be the same as the aforementioned AS3. And while OCZ states that their compound is also not electrically conductive, I would still recommend the same precautions regarding this compound coming into contact with your processor bridges.
Applying the OCZ Ultra II is a simple matter, but the thicker consistency makes it harder to get a smooth coating. Just make sure that you have a thin covering of TIM and you'll be fine. The texture of the compound will allow it to easily fill in any small gaps between the processor core and the heatsink. I found this to be exceptionally good when working with video boards, which tend to have a much larger gap between the GPU/VPU and the heatsink.
OCZ Ultra II comes in 3 gram syringes and should easily cover 25 or more AMD sized processor cores. The added thickness will keep you from getting quite as many applications as other compounds, but there is certainly enough for a large number of jobs. Cost for this TIM is US$5.99 or roughly $2.00/gram.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series