Arctic Silver III
Arctic Silver III is a silver based TIM. It contains micronized silver and boron nitride blended into a mixture of polysynthetic oils. Pretty fancy words, but what it amounts to is a silver based compound that has been placed into a non-silicone base suspension material. This means that you get the superior cooling potential of silver, which is one of the best heat conductors available. It also means that you don't get any crummy silicone based compound that makes more of a mess than it gives heat transfer capability. Silicone also tends to lose its consistency over time so will lose any initial heat transfer properties as it resides on your processor core for extended periods of time.
Another feature of this compound is that it claims to be electrically non-conductive. While this may be true in essence, it does have the ability to carry enough of a charge to short out your processor if you are messy and get it on the bridges. While not a surety, there is a chance. But with the reputation of this company and this compound, it is a chance that uncounted thousands have been willing to take.
Application of the AS3 compound is a matter of ease. The consistency is very smooth and it is a simple matter to get a smooth coating of this TIM onto your processor or GPU/VPU. Cleanup is also easy since a small cotton swab or lint free cloth with some Isopropyl Alcohol will readily remove the compound.
Arctic Silver III is sold most commonly in a 3 gram syringe. This should be enough to handle at least 25-30 AMD sized processor cores and likely a good deal more. Cost for this quantity is US$5.99, which works out to roughly $2.00/gram.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD