What Apple could do to turn things around
Let's say that I'm right, and Apple are on a downward trend, what could the company do to turn things around, and meet the expectations of users and analysts alike, and hit the 45-50 million sales again.
Change up iOS. iOS is stale, and boring. It's the same styled look since the first iteration of iOS, and that is just sad. Android has evolved so much over time, into something truly beautiful. Moving backgrounds, widgets on your home screen, notification bar, and more. iOS is a very closed OS, and is one of the best things about it, but it is one of the biggest hindrances of the OS.
I think we're going to see Apple struggling from now on, and it could go a few different ways.
1 - Apple experience stock price decline for whatever reason, and panic sets in. Its share prices fall, similar to how Facebook's IPO went south, quick. People at first don't believe it, but it happens and stock drops to $300-$400 before Apple is forced to do something to stabilize it - restore consumer confidence. They would announce a huge price drop in the iPhone 5, which could see it drop to below $499 outright.
If this didn't work, the stock prices would drop even more, where Apple would be forced to act out of character, dropping prices, or introducing a new product quicker than anticipated. We could see the iPhone 5S released before the usual twelve-or-so-month mark.
2 - Nothing changes and Apple stays dominant, releasing the iPhone 5S this time next year. This is one of the least likely options, as Samsung are really kicking Apple where it hurts right now. Windows Phone 8 is right around the corner, and we also have more releases from Google in the way of mobile OS', Motorola, Nokia, HTC and others.
3 - Apple release the iPhone 5S in five or six months' time. At the same time teasing us with the simultaneous announcement of the iPhone 6 running a built-from-the-ground-up iOS 7 that would reach us another six months later. The sheer excitement and build up would be worth it, if the product delivered truly was a change from its now tiring ways. This is a sure way to continue Apple's seemingly invincible dominance.
4 - Nothing changes, period. Apple continue baking small updates into new iOS 6 iterations, and in five or six months' time we begin the new cycle of iPhone rumors. Apple announce and release the iPhone 5S in September of 2013, and continue to dominate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [The first iPhone, it really did change everything]
- Page 2 [Growing issues and concerns for Apple]
- Page 3 [What Apple should be worried about]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo signals 3DS retirement, ignores it in presentation
- Switch digital revenue nearly doubles, software up 86%
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!