Chaintech 7NJS Zenith
With a great load of features onboard, Chaintech has taken a few wrong turns when it really comes down to it. First off, disabling the onboard APU to go with an inferior PCI controller chip is beyond our comprehension.
Overclocking on this motherboard was medium at best; limited to 192MHz we were unable to get a 400MHz FSB CPU to run on this board, so count this out for 3200+ CPU's.
Rating - 7 out of 10
EPoX 8RDA+ - Second Place
While being a very plain board in terms of onboard features it makes up for it in overclocking. In all the EPoX 8RDA+ was able to hit a max FSB of 218MHz FSB which allowed us to run 400MHz FSB Barton core processor on this board without a single problem.
If you are considering a cheap nForce2 motherboard and 400FSB, EPoX won't let you down.
Rating - 8 out of 10 and Best Overclocking Product
In all we were disappointed in the performance and the overclocking of the Soltek candidate.
It lagged behind in a few of the benchmarks, very little in the way of onboard features were included to push towards the hardcore and integrated market, and limited overclocking makes it a no-no with the overclockers. Only 190MHz was achievable so no 400FSB Barton will work with this product.
Rating - 6 out of 10
Albatron KM18G Pro
Like Soltek, Albatron's KM18G Pro is nothing to get excited about. The only saving grace for this product is that it is a lot cheaper than any other nForce2 board on the market, due to its micro ATX size. With standard AC'97 audio it does lead to a bit of disappointment, however, the TV Out feature makes it a reasonable board for a Home Entertainment PC.
Rating - 7 out of 10
Shuttle managed to impress us slightly more than both Soltek and Albatron motherboards mostly because of its slightly better overclocking features and use of nForce2 400 chipset meaning 400FSB Barton processors will work with this product.
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
ABIT NF7-S - Third Place
ABIT has once again pulled a rabbit out of their hats and come up with the second fastest motherboard we have tested in this roundup.
With great support for Serial ATA, Firewire and the use of the APU system, it is definitely a great motherboard with some good overclocking results. We hit a max of 206MHz FSB meaning 400MHz Barton cored processors will work without being officially supported.
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
The ABIT NF7-M is a good motherboard for an integrated system; however, the ABIT name bares a high price on the board. It will cost you a bit more to purchase this motherboard over one of the other name brands like Gigabyte or MSI.
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
Gigabyte 7NNXP - The Winner
In true Gigabyte style, they have done it right the first time.
The 7NNXP for the first nForce2 board from the Gigabyte labs is a must have. Performance is fantastic, brilliant overclocking ability hitting a max of 252MHz FSB, additional add-on features are all that you could want, and the use of the APU produces great sound all round.
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
Last updated: Jan 30, 2019 at 10:26 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 2 [Specifications - Chaintech and EPoX]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 3 [Specifications - Soltek and Albatron]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 4 [Specifications - Shuttle and ABIT]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 5 [Specifications - ABIT and Gigabyte]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 6 [Features - Chaintech 7NJS Zenith]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 7 [Features - EPoX 8RDA+]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 8 [Features - Soltek 75MRN]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 9 [Features - Albatron KM18G Pro]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 10 [Features - Shuttle AN35-400]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 11 [Features - ABIT NF7-S]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 12 [Features - ABIT NF7-M]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 13 [Features - Gigabyte GA-7NNXP]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra 2003 SP1]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 15 [Benchmarks - System and Multimedia Productivity]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 16 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 17 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 18 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 19 [Final Thoughts on our Candidates]