Our third PSU to look at is one from a company called SilenX. While not a brand new company, they are relatively new to the enthusiast market. They have been in the business of making both OEM corporate and high-end systems since 1995, so we looked forward to seeing a new name in the marketplace.
As for the power supply, it has the outward appearance of a regular, run of the mill PSU, but don't let that fool you. It offered the highest total amperage levels in total output of any of the 400 watt models tested. We're talking 30A on the 3.3v rail, 40A on the 5v rail and 18A on the 12v rail. Unless you're running multiple peltier cooling devices and some lighting, odds are slim that you'll come close to maxing out this PSU.
Connecting it to your goodies is done by means of six 4-pin Molex connectors and a single floppy drive connector. As with most modern units, it comes with both the 12v supplementary 4-pin connection and the Auxiliary connection for use on Pentium4 motherboards. Something unusual about the Molex connectors is that most of them are single ports on a strand. One set was made as a double (for either dual hard drives or dual optical devices), and the rest were strands with a single Molex connector on the end. While this may create the need for some creative wire tucking, it should make it very easy to reach any peripheral located anywhere within the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media