You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
As I mentioned earlier, we now have firmware in hand that has working TRIM. This is the first time Series 5 firmware with working TRIM has been out of the validation lab and we've worked really hard to get it before anyone else.
As I write this, 5.0.3 is running through its paces on an SSD that was tested just hours before with 5.0.2. We want to thank Corsair for getting this over to us first. This was literally a race; the first to get us 5.0.3 was going to be the one to make this article happen. While running through the testing cycle we received code from three other companies and those full reviews will come out over the next few days. Given the large amount of drives we have on hand, we're hoping to publish a new SSD review every day leading up to Flash Memory Summit.
The presentation format for this review will be different than what you normally see at TweakTown. The benchmarks will be presented side-by-side and in the same order we run the tests. This is important because we'll be able to show how rapidly performance degradation occurs without TRIM.
The new 5.0.3 FW isn't just a TRIM fix, new features were added, and the drives gained some performance in some areas, but went back to 3.3.4 levels in others. We would love to just go side-by-side with code that was a little closer together, but LSI SandForce isn't going to make a TweakTown Edition firmware for testing"¦ I already asked months ago.
Each benchmark will be presented side-by-side with the older 5.0.2 on the left and the new, TRIM fixed, 5.0.3 on the right. Let's go!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [TRIM arrives on 5-Series Code - But you have to wait for it]
- Page 3 [But what about all of those reviews?]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and A Modified Look at Testing]
- Page 5 [Unformatted Tests, Sequential and Access Times]
- Page 6 [ATTO and PCMark Vantage Light Use]
- Page 7 [Incompressible Data Tests]
- Page 8 [Enterprise Testing]
- Page 9 [Compressible vs. Incompressible]
- Page 10 [Data on Drive - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series