Like the Sonata, the front of the Lanboy also includes a door; opening the door instead of the three / two drive setup it has four 5.25" drives and two X 3.5" drives. It is also worth noting that while it has the extra 5.25" bay, it is no bigger then the Sonata. Unfortunately the door on the Lanboy doesn't come with a lock, considering the case is aimed at people who go lanning it would have been better to include the lock on the Lanboy instead of the Sonata. The Lanboy also lacks the front audio jacks and firewire ports; however it does include two USB ports like the Sonata.
The most useful feature for lanning is the decision to construct the case with aluminum instead of steel, this overall makes the case a lot lighter which of course makes it easier to carry around, this is very important to people who LAN on a regular basis - the type of consumer this product is aimed at. The problem with aluminum cases is the price usually sky rockets when using the material, Antec have been able to produce the Lanboy at the same price as of the Sonata which is made of steel.
Looking at the right side panel, you notice nothing out of the ordinary, like the Sonata it also can not be removed as it is pop riveted into place, unfortunately if you wanted to mod the right panel you would have to drill the pop rivets out making it slightly harder to access the panel.
What good is a lanning case without a window? Antec include a window on the right side panel. This is perfect for anyone who is really interested in jazzing up their case a little. The window is your normal plexi design and defiantly seems strong enough to take a little beating - not that we would recommend it.
The back is quite similar to the Sonata, included is a power supply which is slightly different to the one that comes with the Sonata, again we will talk about that later when we look at the inside. Also included is the standard motherboard back plate and the PCI slot covers, instead of the 120mm fan, an insert for a 80mm fan is installed, unfortunately it doesn't come with a rear fan so you may want to purchase one at the same time. The final feature is very unique, it is a little space at the back of the case that can hold miscellanies screws and so forth - this is defiantly something that would come in very handy at LANs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit