PC Case Gear
PC Case Gear is a well known Australian case modding shop that has been around for a few years now, specializing in case modding items in all shapes and sizes - it has always been easy to find something new and interesting for sale. This month from our friends at PC Case Gear, we have the opportunity to look at Zalman's latest CPU cooler, along with Vantec's new hard drive rack, some caffeinated mints and a few other goodies of interest.
- Vantec EZ Swap Mobile Rack
Some people use removable hard drive racks for security purposes, others use them to making transferring of files easily between two computers. Which ever reason you use them for; mobile racks are becoming more and more mainstream. You can spend anywhere from US$10 - US$50+ on a hard drive rack, it really depends what you want to do with them. More expensive racks come with such options as being hot swappable or being made out of aluminum to give extra strength and security to the drive.
The caddie we are looking at today would have to be one of the nicest looking racks on the market. One of the first things you notice when pulling it out of the equally impressive retail packaging is the LCD on the left side of the caddie, underneath it is three buttons and to the right side a latch which when opens reveals a lock, as pictured below.
Installation of the hard drive into the caddie and then the rack its self is very simple, like any CD ROM or Hard Drive, it simply involves securely screwing the drive/caddie into place. When first turning on the computer with the Hard Drive inside the caddie, it didn't pick up. I quickly discovered that you had to lock the caddie before it would detect it. This is mainly for security reasons to prevent people from pulling the caddie out while it is in use, this of course could result in loss of data or death of your hard drive. The caddie defiantly seems to be one of the better type units available and being available in Silver, Beige and Black, there will be no problem finding a Vantec EZ Swap Mobile Rack to suit your computer case.
Overall we have another excellent product from Vantec who seem to be on a bit of a trend lately coming out on top in our Rheobus Roundup which we published earlier this year. If you're in the market for a Hard Drive caddie and it doesn't bother you spending an extra few dollars, this solution from Vantec may be just what you the doctor ordered.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GGG April 2003 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 2 [Flexiglow]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 3 [Flexiglow Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 4 [More Flexiglow]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 5 [PC Case Gear]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 6 [PC Case Gear Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 7 [More PC Case Gear]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 8 [Anyware Computer Accessories]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 9 [Anyware Computer Accessories Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 10 [Quiet PC]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- Blizzard teams with Hasbro for Overwatch Nerf toy guns
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit