ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board
Moving away from the box and onto the board, we get our first proper look at the P9X79 Pro and you can see we've got that darker black PCB on offer with the typical blue color scheme that's present with other Pro / Deluxe motherboards.
Moving in closer, we start to get an idea of what's going on in the expansion slot department. The first thing is, it's nice to see that legacy PCI is dropped. As for the expansion slots themselves, we've got two PCIe x1 and four PCIe x16. We can't go into detail on the speeds the slots are running at, but if you look closely you can see the wiring setup on offer which will give you a good idea.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we can see all the usual culprits present. Starting from the left, we've got our LED Debug meter, power and reset button, EPU switch, three USB 2.0 connectors, Clear CMOS button, fan header, TPU switch and our front panel connectors.
As we turn the corner, we can see a total of eight SATA ports. On the far left we've got white SATA III ports running off the Marvell 9128 controller, and following that we've got four SATA II ports in blue running off the X79 chipset natively, and next to that we've got another two SATA III ports and these ones also run off the X79 chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and P9X79 Pro Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board]
- Page 3 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [P9X79 Deluxe Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board]
- Page 6 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit