ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board
Moving away from the box and onto the board, we get our first proper look at the P9X79 Pro and you can see we've got that darker black PCB on offer with the typical blue color scheme that's present with other Pro / Deluxe motherboards.
Moving in closer, we start to get an idea of what's going on in the expansion slot department. The first thing is, it's nice to see that legacy PCI is dropped. As for the expansion slots themselves, we've got two PCIe x1 and four PCIe x16. We can't go into detail on the speeds the slots are running at, but if you look closely you can see the wiring setup on offer which will give you a good idea.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we can see all the usual culprits present. Starting from the left, we've got our LED Debug meter, power and reset button, EPU switch, three USB 2.0 connectors, Clear CMOS button, fan header, TPU switch and our front panel connectors.
As we turn the corner, we can see a total of eight SATA ports. On the far left we've got white SATA III ports running off the Marvell 9128 controller, and following that we've got four SATA II ports in blue running off the X79 chipset natively, and next to that we've got another two SATA III ports and these ones also run off the X79 chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and P9X79 Pro Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board]
- Page 3 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [P9X79 Deluxe Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board]
- Page 6 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- AMD Radeon RX 590 turns up on the 3DMark database
- Treyarch release Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 patch notes
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!