For every overclock, you also need good cooling. The stock cooling Intel provides definitely is good, but not that good.
First thing on our list was the HSF. We decided to pick up the Thermalright AX-478 which has been performing quite well according to many reviews online. It's an aluminum based heatsink which has quite a big surface area. We used Artic Silver 3 instead of the paste Thermalright included with their package.
How about our cooling fans? Exoticpc.com provided us with three fans - one CPU fan, and two case fans. Here is a snapshot.
Starting from the left, we have the Vantec Tornado 80mm fan. This bad boy is quite powerful pushing around 85 CFM. But that kind of airflow comes with a consequence. It produces 55DB of noise. Talk about losing your ears. We decided to use this for our CPU fan, coupling it with the AX-478, as pictured above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit