For every overclock, you also need good cooling. The stock cooling Intel provides definitely is good, but not that good.
First thing on our list was the HSF. We decided to pick up the Thermalright AX-478 which has been performing quite well according to many reviews online. It's an aluminum based heatsink which has quite a big surface area. We used Artic Silver 3 instead of the paste Thermalright included with their package.
How about our cooling fans? Exoticpc.com provided us with three fans - one CPU fan, and two case fans. Here is a snapshot.
Starting from the left, we have the Vantec Tornado 80mm fan. This bad boy is quite powerful pushing around 85 CFM. But that kind of airflow comes with a consequence. It produces 55DB of noise. Talk about losing your ears. We decided to use this for our CPU fan, coupling it with the AX-478, as pictured above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ethereum could replace Visa networks, even game servers
- Google Pixel 2 teased in 'Kinda Blue', starts at $649
- Google Pixelbook: Surface competitor starts at $1199
- Biostar's upcoming RACING Z370 GT7 motherboard teased
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower