You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
Let me first chime in with some advice. RAID isn't for everyone. Today we'll be using RAID 0, pairing two drives into one volume where data is read and written faster since the load is shared. In RAID 0 if one drive somehow fails, you will lose all your data. It's a bit like a double down; very exciting, but you can go broke much faster.
Currently TRIM is not supported in RAID. When using SSDs in RAID you want a drive that has good garbage collection. Basically, that means the drive is capable of cleaning up after itself when you delete data from the array. Since this is our first RAID Report with two drives controlled by the SandForce SF-2281 controller, we'll keep an eye on how the pair fair in this task.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Get a load of this! Not only is the Patriot Wildfire able to break 1000MB/s read, but it almost does so when writing data as well. What's crazy is we are using a standard motherboard, no add-on RAID controller like the LSI units we test to achieve incredible speeds like this. The Intel Z68 and X68 motherboards are almost as fast as the add-in cards for RAID 0 with a pair of drives.
Come to think of it, forget calling it 1000MB/s, let's break out a new term; 1GB/s. That's a capital B.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Football fans protest eSports, throw controllers on field
- Intel increases 14nm production in its fight with AMD Ryzen
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam