You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
Let me first chime in with some advice. RAID isn't for everyone. Today we'll be using RAID 0, pairing two drives into one volume where data is read and written faster since the load is shared. In RAID 0 if one drive somehow fails, you will lose all your data. It's a bit like a double down; very exciting, but you can go broke much faster.
Currently TRIM is not supported in RAID. When using SSDs in RAID you want a drive that has good garbage collection. Basically, that means the drive is capable of cleaning up after itself when you delete data from the array. Since this is our first RAID Report with two drives controlled by the SandForce SF-2281 controller, we'll keep an eye on how the pair fair in this task.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Get a load of this! Not only is the Patriot Wildfire able to break 1000MB/s read, but it almost does so when writing data as well. What's crazy is we are using a standard motherboard, no add-on RAID controller like the LSI units we test to achieve incredible speeds like this. The Intel Z68 and X68 motherboards are almost as fast as the add-in cards for RAID 0 with a pair of drives.
Come to think of it, forget calling it 1000MB/s, let's break out a new term; 1GB/s. That's a capital B.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media