For quite some time now Gigabyte has been an avid supporter of the ATI brand of video cards. Gigabyte turned their backs on nVidia back in the GeForce3 days, simply because of the fact that they were too expensive to produce, and didn't match their market strategy of the time.
This was what we thought it would be a suicide attempt by Gigabyte, with nVidia holding all the right cards at the time. ATI's introduction of the 8500 GPU saw the much needed revamp of the ATI name. With the power of the 8500 GPU, at a much more affordable price than the GeForce3, and with just as much power, it seemed like a good thing for ATI, Gigabyte and all of ATI's partners. Then the GeForce4 soon turned things back to nVidia's favour and the ATI 8500 needed a boost - adding extra memory only softened the blows to ATI.
The Radeon 9xxx series was to bring ATI back from the depths and this it has. Gigabyte being the avid supporter of the ATI name has introduced two new video cards based on the Radeon 9xxx series - one for the budget conscious, and one for the extreme level. Today we are looking at both in the Maya ATI Radeon 9000 budget and the Maya II ATI Radeon 9700 Pro extreme machine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media