MSI has put together what looks to be a really well rounded and strong featured board. Doing a once over shows we've got a lot on offer in terms of connectivity and expansion and you can see we've also got some really cool extra features that help make the board stand out.
If you're already the user of a higher end P67 board from MSI like the Big Bang-Marshall or P67A-GD80, you will probably more than likely not see yourself updating to the Z68 platform, because from a feature stand point, we continue to get that feeling that Intel's new chipset isn't a leap and bound increase. Instead, depending on price, you'll more than likely choose this board over the P67A-GD80.
In the end, though, it's all going to come down to performance, and we can't talk about that for a few more days. Make sure you keep an eye out, though, as May 11th rolls around and we start to look at the performance of these Z68 boards we've previewed and received.
Just looking from the outside, though, MSI has come a long way in the motherboard department when compared to the last time I used an MSI motherboard, which was probably the late 90s when the Intel 440BX chipset and Celeron A ruled supreme.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [MSI Z68A-GD80 - The Board]
- Page 3 [MSI Z68A-GD80 - The Board Continues]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard